So getting up early was out, I slept in till 8:30 and then proceeded to clean up a bit so I could get into the mood of song writing. So I started, it was rough but I did manage to get 2 songs out. Here is what happened .. (errr, it’s a bit boring )
Hunz RPM01 01
- drew a sample on the screen.
- split up the highs and the lows with a send.
- pushed the highs into a panning stereo situation.
- created a chord progression.
- didn’t create a vibe for me.
- found a nice loop from a sample cd.
- cut it up.
- reprogrammed / pitched shifted everything around and made a beat.
- drew a bass sample.
- got those 2 working together.
- felt the vibe.
- created chords and melodies.
- started singing out a basic melody.
- scraped the singing.
- listened again found something nicer.
- as the loop played I sung the chorus
- I then shifted the song around the singing I had created.
- I completed my 1st sketch and moved on.
Hunz RPM 02 02
- found an old hiphop loop
- cut up the loop into fragments
- split out the drums
- created a snare split (highs/lows)
- used the hihats really low with the snare to create some body
- found a neat button I’ve never seen before in renoise autoamp
- Starting playing with it and noticed it reaches a threshold and created FM distortion like stuff
- created a melody around this
- created another melody that is more me
- Everything locked together
- Sung over the top of everything and sung a chorus over the verse
- Wrote a chord progression for the chorus
As you can hear, I mix as I write. It helps me get into the mood of the song and hear where it wants to take me. When I started this morning I also opened up the Bible to Joshua and I gazed down on its words. ‘Terrified’ was the word I connected with. It’s such and awesome word, that best described uncertainty in time of change and economic sadness.
Am feeling very optimistic. I feel like I could do this. Hope you guys enjoy it. Let me know what you think of the tunes.