Mixing Comments [Mr Mark Dollin]
- Wow this is a dramatic one Nice change without the drums. Listening a few time through. Same mix method with all the other tracks, minus the drums.
- Got the two bass parts to mesh and sit right… some evil fuzz here.
- Shaping the tone of all the higher instruments.
- Now all the instruments together to adjust balances. Bringing up the guitars a bit.
- Cleaning all the samples!
- Now for the vox, acapella and sent to a group. EQ to get the tone right. Making the chorus delay a bit longer. Mmmm some low Hunz voice is nice in the chorus.
- Adding in the other sounds to join the vocals. Making sure the epic chorus retains punch and intensity.
- Real emotional intensity in this song, quite enjoying it. Taking me to a similar place as Kate Bush’s ‘Under Ice’ does.
- Everything is feeling right, so time for a headphone check. Micro adjustment on the low voice in the chorus. Adding another reverse pan delay to the chorus distortion to get it bigger.
- Now onto the big speakers: All good. Time for an ear break.
- Fresh ears! Just a tiny edit on the vocal top end. Checking over. OK, all done!